Thursday, October 30, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
After pictures we are going to make a super quick trip to Wal-Mart for some essentials, and then I am off to Andrea's new house to do some painting. I really like to paint, and I LOVE that she loves color. I am sure that there will be no boring white for us.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
1. I used to shave 2 to 3 times a day. (in junior high) I wore the skin off my legs and had to take steroid shots and was only allowed to shave once a week until my skin was healed.
2. I shave my arms. I think that this is an extension of my above obsession.
3. I regret losing touch with certain people in my life. I know that it is a natural part of life, but it's something that is very hard for me to let go of.
4. I am petrified of the dark.
5. I pray nightly that my husband will someday go to church. He is not the kind of guy that you can MAKE go. I feel like he has to go in his own time, and I don't want to have to MAKE him go. I want him to WANT to go.
6. I LOVE to play cards. I don't get to often, but I am excited when I do. I am not too good at it either.
7. Sometimes I cry and don't really have a reason. NO, I am not depressed, but I am a woman, and sometimes I think that I have a good reason for crying. Later I will think about it and feel stupid and cry some more.
If you weren't tagged you are now.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Adi's favorite place to be is the stairs. I think that it is because she knows that she can't go up them by herself. She loves to play on the gate though. She thinks that it is really funny to go up and down and up and down that one step. Paying peek-a-boo through the gate is pretty awesome as well.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
We really had a good time! We started the day by getting up around 6:30. That was not the greatest part of my day. We played until it was time to get ready for Jennifer's baby shower. It was such a neat way to do a shower. I had never been to one like it. She got so many nice things and had so many friends and family. What a fun day for her! Emma told me that she remembered when we had my celebration, as she called it. It was so strange to think that it has been almost exactly a year ago since my baby shower. My how time flies. Adi enjoyed it also. She loves being around people, but by the time it was over, she was out like a light.
We came home and took a three hour nap. I know, amazing! I enjoyed it. I am sure that I could have been doing something while she was sleeping, but IT IS Saturday. Then we just played and read and laughed the rest of the afternoon. What a fun day!
Monday, October 6, 2008
This post is a little, well, a lot late. I have had these words up for over a month. I really like them. I am not much on borders, but I thought that I needed something up. I have seen the words that you can get at Hallmark. I didn't like any of the kitchen sayings, so I did some searching on the Internet to see what I could find. I came across www.wallwords.com and found what I was looking for. I think that add a lot of character to my kitchen!
Friday, October 3, 2008
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? What's a salad?
3. What's one food he doesn't like? The list is too long. I can't pick just one. He is a pretty picky eater.
4. You go out to a bar. What does he order? Mountain Dew, What a good man!!!
5. Where did he go to high school? Clark County
6. What size shoe does he wear? 9 to 10 depends on the shoe
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? coins, old and new... neat Mountain Dew bottles.
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? ham and cheese... peanut butter & apple butter
9. What would this person eat everyday if he could? CHEESEBURGER & FRENCH FRIES ( anyone who knows us, knows that's the gospel truth. )
10. What is his favorite cereal? We don't even have cereal at our house.
11. What would he never wear? Khakis and a polo ( He's pretty manly ;)
12. What is his favorite sports team? St. Louis Cardinals
13. Who will he vote for? Write in: Ross Perot ( you can't complain unless you vote!)
14. Who is his best friend? Me!!! He has a lot of "friends", and he's the kind of person that I would like to emulate. He may talk to someone that he hasn't talked to in years and the next day he might be helping them do something. He would do anything for anyone that asked.
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? Sleep with the T.V. on.
16. How many states has he lived in? 2 Missouri and Iowa
17.What is his heritage? African American (just kidding, I really don't know)
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday, what kind of cake? White Cake, homemade butter cream (my kinda guy)
19. Did he play sports in high school? football and baseball ( Clark didn't have a school baseball team, but they had an undefeated summer team that he loved. He pitched and could have played in college, but chose not to. I think he regrets it.)
20. What could he spend hours doing? Working on his truck or pretty much anything outdoors.
* What do you know about your man?
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I am at school on my planning period, and I am sure that I could be doing something productive, but it is my birthday... so... I am just going to do nothing. When I got to school this morning my classroom was covered with birthday wishes from my students. The board was decorated and everything. They wanted to make sure that I knew I was the best teacher in the world, I rock, I was the greatest, that I have gray hair , etc... Yes, Keaton Nelson's touching card read,
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Mrs. Visser has gray hair.
And so do you.
Happy Birthday, from Keaton
Adi- Yesterday the Dr. called and told us that we have to put Adi on Iron because she is anemic. I was pretty concerned but was assured that it happens to a lot of babies at this age. I just feel bad. First the ears now this. I know that there was nothing that I could have done differently, but it still stinks. She acts fine though. I have always been anemic, so I know that it isn't a huge deal, but we need to get it taken care of. She was a little more sickly yesterday than she has been, but the weather is changing and that happens. She is so funny and cute and fun and I love to play with her and teach her. Even when she doesn't feel the best she is a joy!!!!!!!!!