Monday, October 20, 2008

BIG Weekend!

We had a big milestone filled weekend. Adi seems to be developing by the minute instead of the week and day. Our excitement began on Friday. Mom came and picked Adi up to stay the night with them. I had a ballgame and she has only stayed there three times so I thought they were due. They love to keep her, but we are always with her when we go to Kahoka. Mom called me and told me that Adi's 3rd bottom tooth had popped through! YAY! 7 teeth! She also decided this weekend that she could finally clap. I was wondering when that was going to happen. I play patty cake with her but she never would clap on her own. Miraculously she decided that she would clap and say her version of yay. Drum roll please...Here's the big one... She took 3 steps on her own. It only happened once, but we tried for more all weekend. She might take two here, one there, but three was the max. Mom said that she will be walking in a week and a half. I told her that was a strange guess, but she stuck to it. James has been saying that she would walk at 10 months since she was born. That gives us until Saturday. I personally don't care. I want her to walk, but the closer she gets the more I am not ready. We were in Kahoka all weekend again, so maybe she'll do even more because she is more comfortable at home. I missed church again, because we always have an agenda when we go home. I love my family, but I really do enjoy being at home doing nothing on the weekends. We will be out again next weekend for a baby shower in Kahoka on Sunday. James said that we should just have Adi's birthday in Kahoka, but I think for once they can come to us!

4 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

isn't it lots of fun to see them accomplish such small things to us but BIG thing to them?:) they just grow up way to fast! is she feeling any better?

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

yay, Adi! all our nursery babies are growing up too fast. Caden Veatch is jabbering a mile a minute & has learned the phrase 'uh,oh'...& with Adi learning to walk...
i'm feeling a little melancholy watching them all grow up...surely mine won't grow that fast, right?

Erin said...

I can't even bring myself to tell Trenton this. He'll be broken-hearted that she's growing up so fast. Last time I told him something monumental about Adi, he got all sad and said "well, I guess she's just not a baby anymore, huh?"

Bree Shaw said...

when is the band thing that tara is in? is it this weekend?