Sunday, July 12, 2009

Broken Hearted

I just had my heart broken into a million pieces. =( I took my baby girl up to bed and got her book out, like I always do. She did not want me to read or hug her or love on her. She let out a bloody murder scream that could have shaken the house. "DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!" He came upstairs, and immediately the crying stopped and she snuggled into her daddy's chest and was at peace with the world. I kissed her and left them to have their time, but when I walked out the door the tears streamed down my face. I know that is silly, but it just broke my heart. I know that she loves me, and I am so grateful that she loves her daddy so much. I also am so happy that he is so wonderful with her. It is probably just my hormones, but wow that just...wow.

On a lighter note, baby Ashten has made a lot of progress the last couple days. He is no longer on the ventilator. He has been in the room with Amos and April all day and she has gotten to change his diaper. I got a picture message on my phone. He was dressed and looking around, with his paci in his mouth. Soon they will be home and this will all just be a memory.

2 comments:

Candy said...

I am so glad to hear the baby Ashten is doing better, and that they will all be home soon. Thanks for all the great updates.

Andrea Frederick said...

I was thinking of what a story April will have to tell him when he gets older....