Monday, July 28, 2008

What a Weekend!

Starting out Friday was a great! We had Jared and Bree out for supper and a game of "Hand and Foot." Did we lose? Of course we did, but it was still a lot of fun. It was nice to get back to a long lost Friday night ritual =) My family also stopped in on their way home from Branson. It was nice to know that they were back and safe. The hadn't seen Adi in about a week and a half, and they were about to go insane.

Friday morning my dad called me about 9 times wondering if we were coming to Kahoka, and when, why we weren't there yet, etc... James had some things to do so I decided that Adi and I could go on and spend the day with my family. James was on call so he couldn't go to Kahoka until Sunday. Since gas was so super cheap (haha) I thought that I should fill up before I left. I went into Casey's to pay. I wanted to us my debit card so that I could get some cash for the weekend. They ran my card. It was rejected. Not once, not twice, but three times. I finally wrote a check. I was mad and embarrassed. I went directly from Casey's to the bank. I couldn't even use my card in the ATM. I of course called James in tears and made him come to town and try his card. NO LUCK. I tried it at the Exchange Bank in Kahoka. Still nothing. It bothered me all weekend.

I was in Kahoka on Sunday, and James got there at about 9. We went to my in-laws house until James had to go to the fair for his mud-run. As the day went on it looked more and more like rain. James had just gotten done and it started to pour. I was going to go back over to Mary and Cecil's', but I had to wait more than an hour for the rain to let up. It was still coming down really hard when we left, but we needed to see Cecil before he went to bed. The weather never did seem to get better, and I was too scared to drive home, so I stayed in Kahoka again. James had to go home because he had to work today. I really worried about him until he called and said that he had made it home safely.

This morning I called the bank as soon as I woke up. Apparently it wasn't just me who had the debit card delima. It still made me a little angry. It is frustrating to know that you have money and no way to get to it. Oh well. It works now ;)

2 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

i think it's a debit card consipracy:)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

did you read my blog?...i was at wal-mart with a cart full of stuff & another order i wanted to pay for separately when i was REJECTED! sooooo embarrassing & then they raise their eyebrows when you pull out your checkbook like they are thinking, 'sure, that's gonna clear!'