Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Full Days Work!

I was feeling very ambitious yesterday and today. Last night Adi and I went to the school to get some things from my room that I could work on at home. It was all of the piddly stuff; like putting the kids names on about 500 different things. I stayed up rather late doing that. At that point I had gotten it in my head that I wanted to get to the school and get going on it so that I wasn't stuck doing it last minute.

Last year I couldn't get into my room until way to close for school to start because of new carpeting, which I am thankful for. Being a first year teacher I felt like I was starting from scratch. Too bad that it wasn't scratch until I had filled about 8 or 9 industrial sized garbage bags. I am not saying anything bad about the person who had the room before me, I'm just saying that maybe he wasn't the tidiest/ most organized person. I think that I am both of those things, so getting my room ready last year was quite a chore.

James took Adi to Shelly's this morning so that I could work in my classroom, and boy did I. I got to the school at about 9:30 and was there until after 5! I feel really good about it. I am having more fun getting it ready this year, because I am just adding to things that I did last year. I think that I am going to go one more afternoon this week. That should get me done with most everything that I can do for now.

No comments: