Sunday, May 25, 2008

WOW! Almost a whole week.

You would think that I would have more time to blog now that schools out. Well, apparently not. I feel like the week has flown by. If this is any indication of what the summer will be like, it'll be over before I know it. Tuesday. I had my youngest sister Emily stay the night with me since my husband was in Jeff city for the week. Wednesday, we went to Bloomfield and I became a blond for the first time in a long time. Emily also got her hair cut. Tara called and told us that she got her license while we were getting our hair done. YAY! That afternoon I took Emily home and stayed the night. Dad was at the same school as James, so we had a girl night. We just hung out and watched the American Idol finale. GO DAVID COOK!!!

Thursday, I came back home and James came home that evening. He got to do some baby bonding and I went to the school board meeting. It started at 6, and little did I know that I would not be home until after 11. =( It was a very long night.

Friday I got up at about 6:30 I got ready and went to Erin Tallman's, and we left for Des Moines. We picked up Sarah Visser on the way. We had a great day. We went to Gordman's, which I think I am in love with now. Then we ate at Olive Garden, which I am also in LOVE with. We also went to the teacher store and the Valley West Mall. I got a lot of things for my classroom. I know that sounds silly, but I am going to have a jungle theme in my room next year, and they had so many cute things. I also got my baby lots of new clothes. She probably didn't need them, but she is too fun to buy for. We had a really great day! We didn't get home till after midnight. Ridiculous, I know.

Saturday, we went to Kahoka. One of my friends from high school was getting married. After the wedding James and I went to the Hawkeye to eat for an early anniversary dinner. We stayed at my mom and dad's that night. James had to help his brother put siding on his house today. I just hung out with mom and dad. Starla left today after living with my family for 3 months. I think she was excited to see her dad, but I think after a couple of weeks in Kansas she will really start to miss my mom.

Finally, I have caught you all up on my whirlwind week off of school. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Andrea Frederick said...

That is some major shopping! Sounds like fun...see you at summer school:(