Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Schools Out 4 Summer

It still hasn't quite hit me that school is out. I think that it is because of the last day being on a Monday. That felt very strange and pointless. I was super sad yesterday. I had grown very attached to some of my kids. I have a few that I feel really made progress with me this year. I am not meaning academically, but emotionally and behaviorally. I just hope that they can continue the progress they made this year. Of course, I had those one or two that I was OK with letting go. It's not that I didn't LOVE them, but it was just time to let them go.

I didn't know that I would react like I did at the end of the day yesterday. I cried, and not just a little. I was almost sobbing. OK I WAS sobbing. I am pretty sure that I was the only teacher crying. I felt a little silly, but I am a pretty emotional person. Everyone was saying that it was because I am a first year teacher. I guess that means that I better suck it up next year so that nobody thinks I'm crazy!

1 comment:

Andrea Frederick said...

That's right, next year we will totally make fun of you if you cry! I feel that way about my class every year, I just think my cork is a little stronger on the tears...everyone is different. I totally understand:)