Monday, May 19, 2008

Oh, The Car!




Well, that was a fun weekend! Saturday was so fun. The drive-in was really neat. I hadn't been in so long, and it was just a cool thing to go do. I think that could be something we do a lot of as it gets nicer. James even had a really good time. I would recommend it to anyone who is bored on a Friday or Saturday night. They have food and popcorn. They had the coolest candy. I didn't buy any but I enjoyed looking at it. They had pop rocks, candy lipstick, and those cute wax lips. I didn't know that they made that stuff anymore.

The car surprise went very well. My dad was more anxious than necessary. He was a little grouchy on the phone, because he had been hiding this car for so long and it was eating him up. He couldn't hardly stand it. He came up with about 30 different scenarios of how we would present the surprise. I thought that he was going to ruin it because he wouldn't stop calling me. He called about 5 times before we left and twice on the way. Thank goodness we stopped to pick up a pizza in Memphis so that I could call him and tell him not to call anymore. I had to pretend that I was calling Bree when we got close to town, so that he would know that we were almost there.

They made sure that you couldn't see the car until you were in the driveway. They had 16 red and white balloons on the flag pole and a big happy birthday banner on the car. She didn't know what to say. She just kept saying yes over and over. I think Dad expected some tears, but that is just not Tara's style. She was VERY grateful and VERY surprised. I am glad that I got to be a part of it.

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

I wish I could have been there to see her face. I would have loved to have gotten a car like that for my 16th birthday. She is very lucky. Has she gotten her license yet? Also, we need to make a date for the drive in. I have never been to one either. SO, make us a date. I hope you made it ok last night all by yourself.