Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day for me...

I feel like I haven't blogged forever. On Friday, right after my husband got home from work we had to go to Kahoka. They were having a benefit for his dad, that started at 4:30, so we had to leave as fast as we could. The turn out was amazing. There were between 250-300 people at the benefit, and they raised about $3,300. Cecil had such a great time. He said that he didn't know that he knew so many people. He really liked seeing everyone, and I think that it was a comfort to know that so many people care about him.

We ended up staying at my in-laws house on Friday, because my husband had a mud run on Sat. in Wyaconda. I was OK with that. It gave me a chance to spend Saturday with my mom and Nana. I wanted to be with them because I wouldn't see them on Mother's Day, and Sat. was Nana's 64th birthday. We went to Quincy and got pedicures. I hadn't done that since right before school started, so it was very nice! I also spent too much money on a couple pair of nice "sandals." My husband thought that was a little much for glorified flip flops. What's a girl to do. It was a work related expense. I wonder if I can use that on my taxes?

Then, today was Mother's Day. I don't know why I felt so excited. It was just another day, but it was MY day. I had a very nice day. I woke up at about 9:30 which I haven't done in quite a while. I went to church, and I hadn't gotten to go in two weeks. I really enjoy going, but there are weekends that I have to be in Kahoka. That is the only time that I get to see my family. After church we ran to Kirksville and ate at the Wooden Nickel. I wanted to try it, and it was pretty good. Then we came home, and Adi and I took a 2 hour nap =) When we woke up Bree Shaw called and told me about there amazing adventure with the police. No, Jared didn't do it. I am sure that she will write all about it in her blog. James and Adi got me a digital photo frame and a card that, of course, made me cry. Now, here I am and it is after 11. I need to go to sleep, but I am still refreshed from my nap.

2 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

I can't wait to see your new "sandals." I'm glad that you and Adi got a nap, that's the best kind of bonding:) Good luck with your class tomorrow, if you hear any loud noises from my room just ignore them!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a good Mother's Day and that you had a chance to bond with Adi....:) Naps are great. It scares me that Andrea saids ignore the loud sounds that come from her room. Whatever she is up to it will be fun I am sure.