Thursday, May 8, 2008

Could have been worse.

Well, the day and the musical is over :) After 2 hours this morning Sarah Visser and I were thinking of shutting each other's fingers in the door so that we could go home early. It was pretty much chaos. I was not looking forward to the afternoon and the "dress rehearsal." It was pretty good! I couldn't believe it. If you had been to the morning practice and then gone to the afternoon one you would never have believed that it was the same play and same group of kids. I don't know how it came together, but it did. I guess that most children will do well in spite of the situation, to avoid embarrassment. The actual musical did not go quite as well as dress rehearsal ,but it could have been worse.

I came home after and made a shadow box for my mom, for Mother's Day. It turned out so cute. My mom is a nurse, so before Adi was born I bought some baby scrubs from LTD. They have a place that you can write name, birth date, weight, height, and doctor on the pocket. I am retarded and it said lb. so I put 5. I assumed that the next blank was to write oz. so 6 1/2 went on the line. After I was finished and was admiring my work, done ever so neatly in sharpie, I realized that what I ASSUMED was oz., was for height. I feel really dumb but can't change it. Mom will think it's funny though. I also put one of her ID bracelets and a couple of pictures in it. Then I wrote "Nothing, is more of a reward than watching your child become a mother." She will appreciate it, mistake and all. That's what moms do!

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

Your mom will love it. And when Adi grows up she will laugh at your mistake:) See ya tonight.