Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Prayers for the Frady Family

I know that those of you that read my blog already know that April Frady had her baby, Ashten Everett Frady, at 4 a.m. Her water broke yesterday afternoon. She did not know that was what it was for sure. She called her mom and then me and we both said better safe than sorry. She went in to be checked and her water had broken and she was dilated to a three. This would have been great, but Ashten was not to be here until Aug. 7. She had been told that she was measuring a couple weeks ahead so we all still had high hopes for a good sized baby. At 11 o'clock she was only dilated to a 4/5 and they were only giving her until 4 to have the baby on her own. She was checked by the Dr. at midnight and was told that he was crooked in the birth canal. They did some massage and manipulation to try to change his position, but had no luck. He was born by c-section. Everyone was thrilled to hear that he was 7 lbs. 6 oz., 21 1/2 in. long, a head full of dark hair, and as Amos, his dad, said " feisty as all get out!" Everyone appeared to be healthy.
Ashten ended up having a hard time breathing, due to under developed lungs, so he was indeed a preemie. I can't imagine how big he would have been had he been born full term. They took him to Columbia this afternoon. Amos and Courtney, April's sister, went to be with the baby. Because of surgery April is unable to leave the hospital. Her mom is with her now, and she could be out of the hospital by tomorrow evening if all goes well, and then she will go to Columbia, where her heart is now. She is doing well under the circumstances, and Ashten is absolutely beautiful. He looks like a healthy pink, chubby bundle of joy. He is going to be fine, he just needs a little help for now. I know I promised pictures, but he was behind glass and I could not get a good picture. I will make sure I post one as soon as I can. He could be in Columbia anywhere from 2-7 days. Keep them in your prayers.

4 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

great update...thanks amee!

Bree Shaw said...

thanks for the update. i will add them to my prayer list.

Candy said...

I have to agree with you Amee, he is the most precious thing. I went down today to see him and April. Can't wait to see him again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I'm so out of the loop. Can't wait to see him.
Annette