Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hali's Nursery

It is all coming together now. It now feels real. The room is done!
What a weekend. Friday James and I were going to go eat supper at the Pear Tree with Trenton and Erin for Erin's birthday. Erin text me that morning saying she wasn't feeling great and would have to see how lunch settled before we went anywhere. That afternoon she let me know that it hadn't gotten any better, so we had to put a rain check on our plans. Then later that afternoon I had a Popsicle with Adi. As soon as I finished I started to get sick. When James got home I had my head in the toilet, and I was so upset because we were supposed to leave for Des Moines to go baby shopping the next morning. We decided we would just see how I felt. My parents are on vacation in Virginia ( Dad and Tara both got the stomach flu on the way), and James's mom works on the weekends, so my Nana was going to watch Adi for a couple days and nights. Nana called that evening and said that she had been throwing up all day and wasn't going to be able to watch Adi Saturday, but would see how she felt Sunday. I won't bore you with anymore details, but I'll just say we got it worked out. We had a great time. We hit a few stores, ate a big steak, watched a hilarious movie, and had Coldstone Creamery! We started Sunday by grabbing some Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, and finishing up our shopping. Mom and Nana gave me cash for Hali, because we are not having a shower. I was not expecting that, so it was a nice surprise. I got to get everything instead of getting a few things here and there. ( THANK YOU!) Nana felt better Sunday and kept Adi for the day, but we ended up picking her up that night. I said it was because I didn't want Nana to have to keep her if she wasn't 100% better, but secretly I didn't want to leave her two nights. After working Monday and today, we are done!!! I still have to get the letters done to put above the crib. It will come in its own sweet time.

3 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

IT's cute....did you end up using a different shade of blue? I love the stripes!

Amee Jones said...

Nope. It is the same blue that was already on the wall. I think that the bright colors made it seem a little more blue. That saved us so much time. We only had to tape once.

Bree Shaw said...

all those bright colors really brightened that room up. it looks good! i bet you are super glad to have it all done and ready.