Thursday, February 26, 2009

Potty Funnies

Last night I sat on the toilet and sat Adi on her potty. I was going to the bathroom myself and Adi decided she needed some privacy. She took off, no diaper, into the living room. I washed off my hands quickly and went after her. I got into the living room and she had squatted down by the bottom of the stairs and peed and began to poop on the floor! Thank goodness it is not carpeted there. She just looked up at me and smiled and clapped just as if she had just gone in her potty chair. I couldn't help but laugh. I think she felt like she had done something to be proud of. I of course told her that was a no-no and showed her again where the potty was. When I told her dad about it, he wanted to know if I had rubbed her nose in it. ;) I had to ask myself if I was doing the right thing by introducing the chair to her so young.

Then, tonight she let me know that it was ok to teach her now. When she got home from Shelly's we tried again. She didn't have to go. We just put her diaper on and didn't worry anymore about it. After dinner we played for awhile, and when I asked if she was ready to get a clean diaper and go to bed, she headed for the kitchen. James thought maybe she needed to potty. I followed her. She took my hand, and she walked right into the bathroom and lifted the lid. I took her diaper off. I sat down with her and I went. She clapped and I told her it was her turn. She stood up and had already gone. I was so excited. This may just be a fluke, but it is fun to think that this is the start of the real deal. Is this how your kids potty trained???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I told you yesterday, I didn't really have to "train" Shelby. I did just what you are doing and before I knew it, she was totally daytime potty trained by the time she was 15 months old! I can still see her bringing her babydolls in and sitting them on the potty and saying to them, "Go potty, big girl. Go Potty" as she patted her round little belly waiting so patiently. Have fun, Kristina