Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sorry Folks... Still 2008 In My Mind

I realize that we are already four days into the new year, but the last two weeks have been a whirlwind. This is most definitely the busiest time of year. We had a great Christmas! We got more than we asked for and WAY more than we needed. We had my Nana's Christmas on the 20th, the Jones Family Christmas on the 24th, and Christmas with the Sutterfield/ Cochenour Family on the 25th. I feel for those of you who have several Christmas parties. They are all fun but equally hectic and rushed. I love Christmas, but this year it came and went so quickly.

Adi was so fun! I thought that she would be uninterested but she dug right in and enjoyed unwrapping presents. That was more fun than the presents themselves. She got more than she can even play with. Clutter makes me nervous so we put a few toys, still in boxes, away. We will get them out later and swap them with a few other toys that she is getting tired of. I feel bad for doing that, but she can only play with so much at a time. She also got so many new outfits it was crazy. I went through her closet about a week ago and weeded out things that she wouldn't be wearing again and replaced them with a whole new wardrobe!


We got to spend some time with good friends Trenton and Erin over break. We made candy, had homemade tacos, and went to Bogies last Saturday. It was nice to hang out with them. We needed to go eat steak before poor erin had to have her wisdom teeth pulled :( Adi thinks that Trenton is the greatest thing ever.

We also had a great New Years Eve. We spent some time with some long lost friends. Thanks Bree! I had not laughed so hard in a long time. We played games for hours and got drunk on sugar. That is my kind of party! I can only hope that we can be as blessed in '09 as we were in '08.

Saturday was my hubby's birthday. 27 years old! We went to Kahoka and went bowling and had cake and ice cream. We stayed in Kahoka most of the day today and I literally didn't get out of my p.j.'s. I was soaking up my last few moments of freedom before going back to school. I am not excited yet, but I know once I get there I will realize how much I missed my kiddos.

1 comment:

Bree Shaw said...

i had a blast too. i think that was the best new year's i have ever had!