Thursday, January 22, 2009

Red and Blue Light Special 100th Post

I know it's kinda sad that this is just now my 100th post. At least it is exciting. I had drill team practice today after school, and right after I went to tan for the first time in nine months. I had just passed the 55mph sign when I saw some friendly red and blue lights flashing behind me. I obediently pulled over and got out my license and began to panic because I wasn't sure where my insurance card was. (oops)
Officer: How are you today miss?
Me: I was pretty good until right now.
Officer: Do you have any idea how fast you were going?
Me: 60
Officer:2
Me: Oh, 62.
Officer: Do you have any idea what the speed limit is?
Me: 55
Officer: 45 where you were driving.
Me: But I was right by the 55MPH sign.
Officer: Slow down and have a nice day! (wink)

Holy Crap! That would have been a super awesome ticket. 17 mph over the speed limit. I got out from tanning and he had someone else pulled over in the same place as me. My friend April also told me that her mom got pulled over and got a ticket in the same place. The moral of the story is: DO NOT SPEED IN QUEEN CITY!!!

4 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

close call!

Bree Shaw said...

i have seen him pulling lots of people over! glad you didn't get a ticket

Shonya said...

state trooper or county? Just curious. I've sped through QC many times. . .yikes!

Erin said...

I always have to remind Trenton to slow down through there. Apparently, he never notices those signs that say 45 MPH! LOL...I've seen way to many people pulled over there...most of the time it's the HP.