Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hump Day Turned Bump Day







I just realized I did my Thursday post before my Wednesday post. Sorry, just bear with me.
Wednesday morning I got up to go work out with Erin. My tummy was yucky on the way home. I laid down when I got home after I went to the bathroom. I said that I wouldn't but I just felt weak and I needed to lay down. When I got up I went to the bathroom twice more before I went to school. By the time I realized that I neede to stay home it was too late to call in. I had decided to go home early from school. I felt weak and tired and well, poopy. That stomach flu that's been going around finally caught up to me. I have to say, I didn't have it as bad or as long as other people are saying. I thought that I would rather take the afternoon and rest, than have to miss a whole day of school the next day.

Right before I got ready to leave Loraine told me I had a phone call. It was my babysitter. You never want to hear that. I went to the phone and Shelly said that Adi had bumped her head on the kitchen cabinet. I of course asked how she was. She said it bled a little, but she had quite a bump. I asked how she was acting, and she said fine. I of course was worried about the bump and a concussion. She was getting ready to eat lunch. I thought as long as she was acting normal there was nothing to worry about. I told her that mom said that if there was a bump it was fine. So I told her I would call James and have him look at it and I was going home sick.

Shelly got to looking at it and realized that it had quite a gash, so knowing I was sick she called Bree for a second opinion. Bree came and her mother-in-law, who works for Dr. Minter, came. She thought it looked like it needed glued so that it wouldn't scar. At that point in time (I won't share the details) my flu had fully kicked in. Bree called and told me. I felt like a bad mommy because I hadn't been worried about the cut. I was just worried about the bump. I called James, and he was going to take a half a day to take her to the Dr. Bree called back and said that was silly. She would run her up, and it would only take five minutes. I agreed, knowing that I really shouldn't go. (Thank you so so so much Bree. You saved my day!)

She made it through the gluing. Although I don't think that she enjoyed it. All of this mess resulted in her very first real ouchy. My husband has started calling her crash. She looks pretty rough. Bruise on her cheek and gash/bump on the head. I'm sure it won't be the last bump. What a day!