Monday, December 8, 2008

And I am Washed by the Water!

I had an amazing day yesterday! I cried all day. I know that in most cases that would not be good, but it couldn't have been better. I finally ( after months of struggle) got baptized. I cannot describe the feeling. I was baptized when I was younger, but it had taken on new meaning to me and I knew that it needed to be renewed. To feel that I am clean and have a new start is awesome. I feel like my faith and love for God has grown so much in the last few months. Also, my number one Christmas wish was granted. My husband went with me. That was a large part of the emotion that I was dealing with.

I went into the room to change and thank goodness for Erin, because I needed to know that I was having a normal reaction. She said she also had a meltdown. (Thank you so much for everything Erin. Love you!) When I walked out and could see people staring at me, it seemed like everyone was a blur but James. That could have been a result of the tears that I was choking back;) He was smiling! He understood how important that moment was to me. I know that I have to lead by example, God will take care of it in his own time. When I was leaving Beth asked if I would sing next Sunday. I told James he should come back to hear me sing, and he didn't say no. I know that it will be a long journey, but I am willing to wait.

3 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

congrats! i hope he continues to come with you. it is a great feeling isn't it? something you can't even explain, unless someone else has been there.

Erin said...

I'm so happy for you! I know it had been weighing on your heart and I'm glad the time finally came! I'm just glad I could be there for you!

Shonya said...

Congratulations!!! I am so, SO happy for you. I just love that clean feeling, and the zeal that comes with it. I'm praying that you'll grow in your walk with God!