Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Keep It Up

Three nights of no baby waking me up. Way to go Adi!!! I hope that we can stay in that routine. We have been keeping her awake, and not letting her take a nap in the evening. Last night that was a little more challenging than I would have liked. She wanted her daddy. Here lately she has been a mommy's girl and always at my heels. Not last night. James went out to mow and Adi and I were playing. She was so sleepy that I was about to give in and let her have a short nap. She closed her eyes for a moment, but woke up crying. I took her out on the porch to watch Dad mow. When she could see him she was fine, but when he went around a corner she would cry and whine. He came over to talk to us and she held out her hands for him. He took her but explained that he had to finish his job before it got dark. She came back to me, but when I tried to shut the door she cried. I opened it. She stopped. Shut it. Cried. Opened it. Stopped. That went on for a while. I thought it was funny at first, but it didn't take long to get over that. James is such a softy and can't stand for her to cry that he put the lawn mower away and said he would finish today. I am glad that he loves her so much, but sometimes you just have to let them cry. FYI... When he came in she got ready for bed and took a bottle and didn't make another peep. I think she might LOVE her daddy a little ;)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's so cute! I'll never forget the times the boys left me for "dad"! It was horrible but great at the same time! FYI I still don't have my boys back! They still want Daddy ALL the time!!