Friday, September 5, 2008

Grandparent's Day

Whew! It is over. I am so glad that they have a day like this for the kids at school. You have to feel really bad for the handful of kids that don't have anyone with them. I only had one student without somebody. I had 23 adults in my room though, and it didn't seem like it bothered her, but we let her go see her little brother.

They changed things around this year and tried to make things more meaningful for the grandparents. I think that PTO did a great job! It is a stressful day for the teachers, not because it is a hard day, but it just throws off a routine rather quickly. I am glad they do it on a Friday.

On another note... James will be going to Louisiana next Thurs. and will be gone till the 22nd. It is the first time that he will have to be away from Adi, and I am sad for him to go also. I know that the money will be good though, and our oven just quit! ( that's a whole other post.) Everyone be praying for our boys and all the wives and kids that will be going it alone for almost two weeks.

No comments: