Friday, June 6, 2008

We Have a Breakthrough!

Yep, that's right, my baby has a tooth. I stayed home with her yesterday thinking that the crankies and fever were from her shots. I guess I was a little off. I checked her gums this morning, as I always do. I do this because she's been a drool machine since she was 3 months old. There wasn't anything. When I picked her up from Shelly's I asked how she had felt. She said that she had been pretty cranky and had been drooling a lot today. I said maybe we'll get teeth before she is 2!

We went to Braxton's ball game at 6:00. I had been holding Adi and she was jumping and playing. She decided that she wanted to chew on my finger instead of her own. I felt it, a little tooth, her first little tooth. I was so excited! I know that I looked like a fool. I was tickling and talking to Adi, and I was about to jump out of my seat. I know it isn't that exciting, but I sure thought it was at the moment. It's amazing, their teeth are like little mushrooms. They pop up out of nowhere.

2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

it is exciting! yay, adi!

Andrea Frederick said...

i'm waiting for a picture...must be teething month, Gus and Levi, both have a couple!