Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer School... *sigh*

Today began the first day of my second 12 day stint of summer school. Most teachers did or are doing 12 full days. I decided that I would help someone out that wanted to do all 24 days, but only in the morning. I agreed to do all afternoons. Toward the end of the 1st session I was wishing that I would have done 12 days and been done. Oh well. I enjoy teaching a class about China, so I knew it would go relatively fast. Then, on Tuesday morning Sandy Daniels called and asked if I would be willing to teach third grade in the mornings and China in the afternoons for 2nd session. I told her that every minute a sucker is born, and the minute I was born, I was the sucker! I told her I would. I couldn't pass on the extra money. I should be grateful for the opportunity, but I can't help but feel a little guilty. I feel like I could be home with my baby, but I am not. I have to tell myself that doing summer school is providing for her, just in a different way. Besides, I will still have almost two months of mommy and Adi time before school starts back up.

Tomorrow I am praying for good weather. My group of students is going to 1000 Hills in the morning and the pool in the afternoon. I am excited to be outside all day. I will finally have the chance to get a little sun. I have learned from my hubby though. I will not be taking my shirt off at the pool ;)

No comments: