Sunday, May 4, 2008

Prayers Please


Less than two months ago, we found out that my father-in-law has brain cancer. Cancer has 4 stages, and he was already in the 4th stage. At first he said that he would not take treatment, but when the doctors told him his odds he changed his mind. He went for several rounds of chemo and radiation. They were going to give him a three week break and begin again. About a week after his radiation he came down with pneumonia and ended up in the hospital. He blames it on the treatment and is refusing to take anymore. I don't know. It may be easier and he may be happier without it. That is just hard for all of us to hear. They let him go home, but put him on oxygen. He has his good days and his bad days. He can barely hear and hardly talk. When I saw him this weekend I asked if he had fallen because his face was purple. Mary said that was just from him being breathless and needing oxygen. He loves to be outdoors and do things with his hands, but he is unable to do the things that he loves. I just need for everyone to keep Cecil and the family in their prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about you father-in-law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

praying for you and yours, amee.