Saturday, August 6, 2011

Off We Go!

We are down to the last days before Summer is over and school begins. I am excited and sad all at the same time...
Anyway, James and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary in May. I wanted to go somewhere, and we had talked about it, but we just didn't make it happen. It was partly my fault, because I didn't want to leave the girls for more than a night. My Mother-In-Law has been wanting to keep them all summer, and finally just said she was taking of the 8th and 9th and wanted to keep the girls. We thought if we were going to go anywhere, this was our chance. We had talked about Branson or maybe just St. Louis. My husband, out of nowhere, said, "What about the Mall of America?"
WHAT??? Was that really coming out of my shopaphobic husband's mouth!? I couldn't believe my ears! How do you say no to THAT? We got on Expedia, booked a hotel for two nights, and searched around to decide what we would do when we got there.
I feel terribly guilty and a little, or a lot, sad to be leaving my babies, but cannot pretend that I am not about to jump out of my pants with excitement!!! We have only let Hali stay anywhere a couple of times, and we stayed in Des Moines one night before Hali was born. Other than that, the last time we have been away from home, without the girls, was St. Louis when Adi was 7 months old. That was almost 3 1/2 years ago. I will miss the girls, but I am going to enjoy every minute of my husband, and know that we deserve some "us" time!

No comments: