Monday, March 23, 2009

A little scare...

I had a very busy weekend! On Saturday we had a wedding in Lancaster and a reception in Kahoka. It was fun! There was Karaoke, and that is always a good time. I told Erin that it was like watching the first two weeks of American Idol. There was no alcohol, but I think that made it even more hilarious! Sunday I had to get up and help my mom get things ready for the annual Relay for Life Gospel Sing. It started at two and ended at four. We then went over to my mother-in-laws house to visit before we headed home.

When we got home, I went to the bathroom and realized that I was spotting. I of course started freaking out and was so scared. I went to bed, but could not sleep. I, of course, was thinking of the worst case scenario. I had every baby book I owned out. They were not very reassuring. When I woke up I was fine, but not after I took a shower. I was hysterical and chose to not go to work, and went to the Dr. James took the day off and took me. By the time I got to the Dr. I had stopped bleeding, but I couldn't help but be scared. She did an ultrasound, and there was my baby. One and half inches, heartbeat of 180, moving arms and legs. I am crying just thinking about the relief I felt. I may have jumped to conclusions, but I would rather be safe than sorry. The Dr. said that the baby and I were the picture of health and it could have been caused by anything and is very common. I have not bled at all since I have been home and feel fine. Thank God for my amazing miracle!

4 comments:

Candy said...

I am glad that everything turned out ok. I can only imagine how scared you were. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the baby. Hope your day is a better one than yesterday.

Bree Shaw said...

glad that everything was fine. i would have been freaking out too!

Cindy said...

I am also glad everything is fine...take care of yourself!

Andrea Frederick said...

good luck on the rest of your week!