Monday, January 19, 2009

On My Bad Side

So yesterday started out a great day. We had the baby dedication ceremony @ church, and it was very nice. I am snuggled up in the blanket Adi got as we speak. My mom and sisters came with me and we were going to Ottumwa as soon as Adi had her nap. We left the house at about 3:00. We thought that we would go to Target and the mall before our 6:00 picture appointment at Sears. We thought that it would be nice for us girls to get our pictures taken to give to our dad, for Valentines Day. We haven't had them taken together for almost five years. It was about 5:30 and my mom and I were in Herbergers looking at coats. Tara called. She was sitting in front of Sears waiting on us. She tells me that I need to get down there because they are closing the doors. I was there in 2.2 seconds:
Me: Excuse me miss. My family still has an appointment.
Lady: Here?
Me: Yes. Our appointment is at 6:00!
Lady: Are you sure? I'm already closed. (duh) Maybe you made your appointment at a different Sears?
Me: No! We always come to this Sears.
Lady: Well, let me check the computer. Well, they did! They shouldn't have done that. I should be out of here by now. There is no way I can take your pictures now. ( she preceded to show me the computer screen through the chain doors to show me why she couldn't take my pictures. I didn't get it so I was just getting more mad.)
Me: (getting rather huffy) Well, what do you suggest I do. I obviously have an appointment. My family lives more than an hour and a half away and your telling me that you can't take our pictures when we have an appointment.
Lady: I can give you the customer service number.
There was more to this but I was too mad to remeber it all.
It is a really good thing that the chain doors were up or I probably would have jumped through them. I was so mad I was almost crying. I was not going back to Sears so we went to Walmart and she took our pictures and did not get done till a little after 7:00. She was supposed to close at 7:00 and she was going to take another family after us. I am no longer going to be a proud card carrying member of the Sears Smilesavers Club. I'll be calling the manager today. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

Oh my, I would be hot too! It stinks that they do such a good job, b/c they sure can be frustrating. I've left that studio in tears before too. Good luck with your phone call. I hope you got the girl's name!

Erin said...

What a bummer! How rude! Sounds like they definitely have some management problems or something. I would be calling customer service as well as the manager at the Ottumwa one!

Bree Shaw said...

holy cow! i would have been very mad too! i hope you got ahold of someone that cared:)