Saturday, June 28, 2008

YAY FOR A 45 DAY WEEKEND!

I am so excited that summer school is over! That was quite possibly the longest 24 days of my life. It wasn't just because of the kids, but because I am anxious to spend the summer with my precious baby girl. I don't actually know that we have 45 more days till school starts, but Carson Tallman (a 2nd grader) said that we did. He's probably right, very bright young man. It felt strange leaving school yesterday. I left thinking, TGIF, but not really grasping that I don't have to go back until August.

I am in for a busy and exciting weekend. It is weekends like this that makes the summer go quickly. You know what they say. Time flies when you're having fun! Today we have the annual Shaw Family 4th of July Extravaganza. Tomorrow, we will go to church. Then, I have to be in Unionville by 2 for a baby shower. Then, at 7 we have a 2 mile fundraising walk at the church. I'm sure that it will make the weekend go fast.

I will be glad when the weekend is over, so that James will not be on call anymore. He has been out every night this week. Monday was just in the evening for a few hours. Tuesday and Wednesday he was out all night. He was out quite a while on Thurs, and he was out till 4:30 am last night. Poor guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to come check out your blog because in my master's class this summer my professor is making us make a blog...It's really crazy how much you and I are alike... I wish we could have hung out more in school...I was kind of in my own little Charlotte- Ashley group and never really got out of it...but the whole being married at 23 and ready to start a family...and we both teach 4th grade...and I'm really excited for you about the whole Christian/church thing, that's awesome...isn't it amazing how we have so much at such a young age...anyways your daughter is beautiful and congrats on everything--I'm glad summer school is over 2!--Tiffani Shuman