Sunday, June 29, 2008

Super Sunday!

I really just wanted to blog about how much I enjoyed myself in church today. The message was about communion. I take it every Sunday and always say a little prayer before, but I never really think about it. I just do it. Today really made me stop and think. When the preacher started talking about not taking communion if you have someone that you need to forgive I started feeling like I needed to take a look at myself. I got sort of emotional taking communion. (big surprise!) I don't know what it was about this Sunday, but it really touched me. I know that I haven't been going to church at LCC long, but I feel different. I am listening to christian radio, I am trying to watch the things that I say, and I just feel better about myself. I caught myself talking about religion today with a friend that I would have never talked about that to. She was interested in my sudden interest in the church. I grew up going to a church,but as a teenager I always had something to do that got in the way. I feel now that as a mom, I owe it to myself and my baby to be a better Christian and better person.

No comments: